Register Now to Attend the Cabaret Connexion Chicago conference
Sunday, OCTOBER 28 to Sunday, NOVEMBER 4, 2018
Singers, auditors, pianists, venue managers and presenters, journalists and historians, arts administrators, and aficionados of cabaret song: come together to advance the art of cabaret! Be part of an ongoing international conversation:
What is cabaret, why is it relevant today, how can we bring new practitioners and audiences to this art form, and how do we develop our craft?
The conference will take place at venues across town from Old Town School of Folk Music to the Alliance Française, DePaul School of Music to the University of Chicago.
For the master classes in song interpretation, comedy, and vocal production, preference will be given to experienced stage performers, whether professionals or advanced amateurs. Each 3-hour session will work hands-on with a maximum of 10 performers. The schedule of concurrent sessions will allow up to 24 singers to prepare and perform in the concluding two-act Showcase concert.
We encourage amateur singers, novices, and fans to sign up as auditors to observe your choice of 40 hours of sessions and to participate in group activities.
(For those who know the Midwest, Yale or St. Louis cabaret conferences, you will find certain aspects of the Connexion Conference to be familiarthe hands-on master classes; a concluding Showcase Concert.)
The following fees apply to North American singers and auditors.* All the events listed in the Program Schedule (except most meals and optional tourist activities) are covered by the fee.
- SINGING in the workshops:
- Sunday thru Sunday ($890 check/$917 credit)
- Weds eve thru Sunday ($570 check/$587 credit)
- Thurs eve thru Sunday ($450 check/$464 credit)
- AUDITING the workshops:
- Sunday thru Sunday ($800 check/$824 credit)
- Weds eve thru Sunday ($480 check/$495 credit)
- Thurs eve thru Sunday ($360 check/$371 credit)
* These fees represent a fifty-percent saving that is being passed on to you because of our fundraising efforts to defray the remaining costs.
We invite all participants to make additional donations to support the conference and provide financial aid to others.
A limited amount of financial aid will be available on a case-by-case basis. Don't hesitate to contact us.
A LA CARTE FEES
- If you are called for a gig that you can't refuse or another urgent matter prevents you from attending:
- Cancel by August 20 and we will refund your full fee.
- Cancel by September 15 and you will be refunded 50% of the fee.
- Cancel by October 15 and you will be refunded 25% of the fee.
- There is no refund available after October 15.
- Several optional activities are being organized during the conference, including a Gospel brunch, an architectural tour of Chicago, a private visit to the Art Institute Study Room (limited to 20 people). These will be posted later in the summer.
The Chicago Team is making its best effort to match homestay hosts with guests. If you need housing or if you can host or have friends and neighbors who would enjoy hosting our out-of-town guests, please use this form: HOUSING OFFERS AND REQUESTS
Correspondant en FRANCE
Yves Bertrand : 06 30 25 22 49
Correspondent in CHICAGO
Claudia Hommel : 1-773-509-9360