Register Now to Attend the Cabaret Connexion Chicago conference
Sunday, OCTOBER 28 to Sunday, NOVEMBER 4, 2018
Visit the Program Schedule for details of eight days of conference activities.
Register using the form here
The French are coming!
* Master classes
* Concerts and Razzle-Dazzles
* Roundtable discussions
Come together to advance the art of cabaret. Be part of an ongoing international conversation: What is cabaret, why is it important, how can we bring new practitioners and audiences to this art form, and how do we develop our craft?
The conference will take place at venues across town from Old Town School of Folk Music to the Alliance Française, PianoForte to Davenport's, DePaul School of Music to Munno Café.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
We welcome singers, auditors, pianists, venue managers and presenters, journalists and historians, arts administrators, and aficionados of cabaret song.
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION includes:
For the master classes in song interpretation, comedy, and vocal production, preference will be given to experienced stage performers, whether professionals or advanced amateurs. Each 3-hour session will work hands-on with a maximum of 10 performers. The schedule of concurrent sessions will allow up to 24 singers to prepare and perform in the concluding two-act Showcase concert.
We encourage amateur singers, novices, and fans to sign up as auditors to observe your choice of 40 hours of sessions.
(For those who know the Midwest, Yale or St. Louis cabaret conferences, you will find these aspects of the Connexion Conference to be familiarthe hands-on master classes; a concluding Showcase Concert.)
The fee for North American singers ranges from $450 for 4 days to $890 for 8 days, and for auditors from $360 to $800.* All the events listed in the Program Schedule (except meal breaks and some optional tourist activities) are covered by the fee.
- * These fees represent a fifty-percent saving that is being passed on to you because of our fundraising efforts to help defray the actual costs.
- We invite all participants to make additional donations to support the conference and provide financial aid to others.
- A limited amount of financial aid will be available on a case-by-case basis. Don't hesitate to contact us.
- Limited homestays will be available. We will try to find guest housing as needed.
A LA CARTE FEES
- Several optional activities are being organized during the conference, including a Gospel brunch, an architectural tour of Chicago, a private visit to the Art Institute Study Room (limited to 20 people). These will be posted later in the summer.
- If you are called for a gig that you can't refuse or another urgent matter prevents you from attending:
- Cancel by July 20 and we will refund your full fee (minus 3% if paid by credit card).
- Cancel by September 15 and you will be refunded 50% of the fee.
- Cancel by October 15 and you will be refunded 25% of the fee.
- There is no refund available after October 15.
The Chicago Team is making its best effort to match homestay hosts with guests. If you need housing or if you can host or have friends and neighbors who would enjoy hosting our out-of-town guests, please use this form: HOUSING HOSTS AND REQUESTS
Correspondant en FRANCE
Yves Bertrand : 06 30 25 22 49
Correspondent in CHICAGO
Claudia Hommel : 1-773-509-9360