DRAFT AGENDA for WORKSHOPS and MASTER CLASSES
This schedule is a work-in-progress, anchored by commitments from the Community Music Division of DePaul University School of Music and the Old Town School of Folk Music.Morning sessions will usually begin at 9:30 or 10 AM, for 3 hours. Allowing for 90-minute lunches, the afternoon sessions will begin at 2 or 2:30 PM.
Most 3-hour sessions will entail individual hands-on work with 8 to 10 singers. Singers may choose one session each day with Faith Prince. Alex Rybeck will accompany most of Faith's sessions. Additional accompanists include Mark Burnell of Chicago and Jean-Claude Orfali of Paris's Cabaret Lapin Agile. All sessions are open to auditors.
- In order of appearance:
- 1) Faith Prince: Bringing yourself to the song you sing
- 2) Alex Rybeck: The role of pianist as arranger and music director. (Each pianist may accompany 2 singers.)
- 3) Kyle Hustedt and The Cabaret Project: Cabaret when burlesque comes to play
- 4) Greta Pope: Putting Your Act Together
- 5) Elisabeth Howard: Vocal Power, a method for healthy commercial contemporary singing.
- 6) Elizabeth Doyle: Songwriters in cabaret
- 7) Christian Pagès of Paris: The physical life of your song
- 8) Clotilde Rullaud of Paris: Vocal Colors: inspired by vocal sounds from around the world.
- 9) Spider Saloff: Bringing jazz and cabaret together in song
- 10) Chicago teacher to be announced: Comedy in song
- 11) Paul L Martin of London: The Golden Threadthe Relationship to your Audience
This schedule is subject to change as new opportunities arise! (Updated June 4, 2018)
|DAY and LOCATION||Morning Option A||Morning Option B||Morning Option C||Afternoon Option D||Afternoon Option E||Afternoon Option F|
|MONDAY 10/29||1) Faith & Alex on making the song your own (everyone attends)||No alternate session||2) Alex and pianists meet on music directing and arranging||or 3) Playing burlesque in cabaret with Kyle Hustedt and the Cabaret Project|
|TUESDAY 10/30||Visiting Art Institute of Chicago Study Room with Yves Bertrand||2) Alex and pianists meet on music directing and arranging||4) Putting Your Act Together with Greta Pope||or 3) Playing burlesque in cabaret with Kyle Hustedt and the Cabaret Project||4) Putting Your Act Together with Greta Pope|
|WEDNESDAY 10/31 [Halloween]||1) Faith & Alex on making the song your own||5) Elisabeth Howard on Vocal Power||5) Elisabeth Howard on Vocal Power||1) Faith & Alex on making the song your own|
|THURSDAY 11/1 at Old Town School||1) Faith on making the song your own||6) Songwriters with Elizabeth Doyle||7) Christian Pagès' Physical Life of song||1) Faith on making the song your own||6) Songwriters with Elizabeth Doyle||8) Vocal Colors with Clotilde Rullaud|
|FRIDAY 11/2 at Old Town School||1) Faith on comedy in song||7) Christian Pagès' Physical Life of song||9) Spider Saloff's Playing with jazz||1) Faith & Alex on comedy in song||9) Spider Saloff's Playing with jazz||8) Vocal Colors with Clotilde Rullaud|
|SATURDAY 11/3 at DePaul School of Music||1) Faith on Making the song your own||10) Comedy with Chicago leader to be announced||11)Paul L Martin on Golden Thread to audience||1) Faith on Making the song your own||10) Comedy with Chicago leader to be announced||11)Paul L Martin on Golden Thread to audience|
|SUNDAY 11/4 at DePaul School of Music||2 hours of workshop/rehearsal with Faith||2 hours of workshop/rehearsal with director Dale Calandra||2 hours of workshop/rehearsal with Faith||2 hours of workshop/rehearsal with director Dale Calandra||Attendees not in showcase have option to see the play "Master Class"|