Join us in Paris, France this summer. Our fifth international exchange of Chicago Paris Cabaret Connexion is a unique opportunity to advance the art of cabaret, to be inspired by fellow artists, and to create an intimate connection with audiences.
Every day offers cultural exchanges, and a chance to make friends and professional acquaintances who are passionate about singing and cabaret.
- CONFERENCE: Master classes and round tables for professionals and passionate amateurs who wish to further develop their art, with coaches in English and French (August 28-August 31)
- FESTIVAL: Participating in the first Chicago-Paris Cabaret Connexion Festival—five nights in five venues (August 31-September 4).
- FESTIVAL PREVIEW OPTIONS include a side-trip to Dordogne (Josephine Baker’s chateau and concert, August 25-27), a visit to the Cabaret Lapin Agile show (August 29) and à la carte participation in jam session-encounters to get a taste of the festival (August 28 and 30).
Connexion Registration fees cover :
- Four days of round table discussions, workshops and master classes (each morning and afternoon)
- Festival attendance for five evenings of cabaret concerts, including full-course dinner-shows (excluding cash bar)
- Bal Mouffetard street ball, open mic and dancing
- English translators
- Standard — $1200 for the entire Conference & Festival “Connexion passport”
- Advance Registration — $1050, a discount of $150, if received by June 1, 2023
- Tourist by Day/Fan by Night — $700 for traveling companions
✶bi-lingual tour consultant services for your visit to Paris
✶three full-course group dinners
✶conference outings: Connexion meet-and-greet, an evening at Lapin Agile [entrance fee not included], Bossa Parisien Jam session, Bal Mouffetard street ball
- Principal Performer/Teacher — $500 is a reduced rate for keynote performers and master teachers
- Optional two-day trip to Dordogne — $600, all-inclusive of train, local transport, all meals, 2 nights lodging, museums and events:
✶La Roque Saint Christophe, the cliff dwellers village
✶Chateau des Milandes, Josephine Baker’s home-now a museum, lunch, bird of prey exhibit, meeting Josephine’s son Akio
✶An evening concert in Josephine Baker parc led by Josephine Baker’s private secretary Michèle Barbier
Online Registration at cabaretconnexion.org/RSVP2023.
- Become a Patron by making an additional financial donation.
- Scholarships will be offered depending on the generosity of our Patrons and the availability of professional development grants.
- Travel to Paris, housing and personal expenses are not included with registration.
- Hotel Design Sorbonne is our conference headquarters and a group of rooms has been reserved, first come first serve. Registrants staying there will be invoiced separately to cover their room costs. (Approximately $113 per night for double occupancy and $181 for single, breakfasts included.)
- Private homestays for those who need cheaper housing.
Cabaret Connexion (Paris), the French association responsible for the CABARET CONNEXION FESTIVAL, is collaborating with Chicago-based nonprofit Working In Concert to organize the Cabaret Connexion 2023 conference in Paris.
Contact Claudia at 773-509-9360 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions or concerns.